Monday, December 13, 2010

Of the best company trip EVER

The last time I went on a cruise was 15 years ago with my family and that was on one of the teeny weeny ships. THIS time, however, it was with awesome people, awesome food and awesome view on an awesome ship - all thanks to none other than our awesome bosses, Tim and Ming! Ship departed from Singapore > Port Klang > Phuket > Singapore.

 Photo credit to Fresh




Waking up to this every morning is just...surreal.






Erm, kind of a failed attempt at spelling "P-H-U-K-E-T" with our arms and legs :|

One of the ice-breaking games we played was 2 truths and a lie:


Best part of this game is that we, being a mix from the Singapore and Malaysia offices, got to learn about each other more. However, the most horrific 2 truths and a lie came from Firdy (surprise surprise):

1. My brother caught a baby crow and gave it to me
2. I used the baby crow as an elastic shooting target until it died
3. I buried its body, dug it out the next day, and barbecued it in a big flame

Guess which is the lie?!?!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No 1. He caught the crow himself!
...sick Firdy.

On a happier note, meet my not-so-secret Santa, Clara! She revealed her Secret Santa identity to everyone on the Nuffie mailing list by hitting the "reply all" button when she was only supposed to reply to Rina! HAHAHA. She even tried to recall that email but...too late.


Another game we played during the trip was:



This is one awesome game which would undoubtedly turn into a shouting match. This game was actually chosen by Mensa International in 1999 as a "Mensa Select" prizewinner, an award given to five games each year (source: Wikipedia). Basically, the judge (each player takes turns to be a judge) draws a green card on which is printed an adjective ("scary", "adorable", "manly", etc.), and places it face-up for everybody to see. Then each player (except the judge) is given seven red cards (on which are printed a noun) and chooses one card that they think is the best match for the adjective card, and places it face-down. The players then debate and argue as to why their noun card best matches the adjective card and the judge then selects the match that is most creative, humorous and/or interesting. E.g: green card: "boring", red card: "old man at the sea". Hahahah we played until we were red in the faces, actually sweating and cursing and shouting out loud trying to get our points across!

Sigh I love my colleagues. Here they are! Note the ratio of boys:girls -> 1:3


The photo above is one of the many photos taken during Formal Night by the cruise's official photographer which costs a whopping USD20 each (unfortunately no soft copies were given with the photos damn them). Anyhoo, I would never have parted with my precious USD20 just for one photo. It was given to me by Ming after days of mental torture that I might have finally gotten myself in Ming's bad books :( Firstly, during dinner (being his secret guardian angel), I got the waiter to send him a note saying "Hope you enjoyed your escargots" - he was having the lobster bisque. So when Ming went around asking everyone who his guardian angel was, Tim just had to add oil to the fire by asking him, "*gasp* you mean your guardian angel doesn't have attention to detail?!" After that, Tim made me write another note saying "Stop looking for your guardian angel! KNS! (with a hand-drawn middle finger)". Thirdly, the next day, I asked for room service to send coffee to his room. Lo and behold, he announced to everyone, "To my guardian angel, FYI, I don't like coffee, I like tea". Homaigod, die again cause:

1. Got his order mixed up - Bosses like their staff observant (I'm short-sighteddddd).
2. Who the heck says kanasai and sends a middle finger to their boss?!
3. I should have found out he likes tea, not coffee arghh!

So yeahh, after that long grandmotherly story, that was how that group photo landed in my hands - he actually wanted to know who his guardian angel was so he could do something nice for him/her! YAY!

Being the company's Accountant, I dread to receive the final cruise bill and receipts. Now, what cost cutting measures should we impose...

No comments:

Post a Comment